March 30, 2011

Stories of Inspiration Wanted!

In honor of Grandmas Miller's birthday today, I would love to hear your own stories of inspiration. You can submit shorter comments and stories in the "comments" section at the bottom of "From Homemade to Handmade."

That said, it has come to my attention that a lot of people have had trouble commenting. If this happens to you, please feel free to email me by clicking on my profile in the lower right hand side of the page.

Depending on how many responses I get, I will post them over the next few days or weeks.

It's always good for us to remember those who helped us get to where we are today.

I will get us started with a comment my daughter posted on Facebook:


Jolene Winner-ZiemerMarch 30, 2011 at 11:54am
Re: New Post! Blame It on Lucille Ball--A Stash Story
I remember playing with Grandma Miller's empty yarn spools when I'd go over to her house. And the little rooster pillow that used to sit on her couch, that I still have somewhere. And the smell and taste of severely overcooked carrots that she made when I was over.

I love this article Mom, it's a beautiful way to honor Grandma Miller.

It reminds me that everything we do in life should be done with knowledge and reverence for the people who came before us. Especially for those of us who are women, knowledge and reverence for the women who came before us.


 

No comments: